Friday, May 14, 2010

Cowboy Cookie Recipe

My husband recently informed me that it makes him feel special when I make him cookies, so yesterday I got out the family recipe book and made my grandma's amazing Cowboy Cookie Recipe.

cookies

Cowboy Cookies - Recipe By Barbara Reichmuth (my grandma)

1 Cup - Margarine (I used butter)
1 Cup - White Sugar
1 Cup - Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. - Vanilla
2 Cups - Flour
1/2 tsp. - Baking Powder
1 tsp. - Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. - Salt
6 oz. - Chocolate Chips (I did about double this because I am a chocolate nut)
2 Cups - Quick Oatmeal, uncooked

Cream margarine in mixer. Add white sugar, then brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and soda together in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into batter with spoon. Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix well and drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yield: 8 dozen amazingly scrumptious cookies.

cookie

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. ooooh yummy! I'm going to have to try making these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mal told me you had a recipe that looked yummy....so i had to come check it out. they do sound good! :)

    um....eight dozen? EIGHT?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, eight dozen, crazy huh? Unless of course you make the cookies a little bigger, then it's more like 4-5 dozen. Those two cups of oatmeal make for a lot of batter :)

    ReplyDelete